"WANNABE" By Eunice Lasehinde

'Tayo, this your gown is so beautiful' a butter smooth voice said. 'Awwww, thank you, I actually ordered it online, guess the pay was worth it' replied a high pitched voice.

I had looked up from the orange coloured deposit slip I was filling in to appreciate the 'said' beautiful gown when the events of last weekend came playing in my head......

It was a beautiful Saturday morning, Benita and I had left early to a certain Wadata market situated in Makurdi, the capital of Benue State to get some kitchen utensils as Benita was to get married in two weeks time. On getting to Wadata market, we had successfully tried to find our way through the busy and struggling crowd only to met a more horrible sight right in front of us.. At an Okirika shed, A woman and a young lady were struggling with a cloth with each of them claiming to have been the first to pick the cloth, with the young lady shouting...'Emi....Tayo, i won't leave this gown' . The older woman left the cloth for the young lady when all attempt to claim ownership of it seems futile. 

And Now....
Here is Tayo, a staff of Guaranty Trust Bank, telling a female colleague of hers how she ordered the gown online...
'Next' Tayo said...I walked up to her, handled over the money and deposit slip...
'I never knew there's an online store in Wadata Market' I whispered with a smirk on my face as I watch Tayo's face turn pale....

CREDIT: EUNICE

Comments

Post a Comment

Dont forget to drop a comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Plus One or Minus One

Russian transgender woman to serve jail term in mens prison.